There are many reasons why young players should perform conditioning. Here are just few:
- Promotion of a healthy lifestyle:
- Physical well-being is also a state of mind, and physical exercise commonly facilitates the incorporation of other aspects of a healthy lifestyle into a comprehensive regimen. It can also aid in body composition and the loss of body fat, countering childhood obesity.
- Injury prevention:
- Studies by the American College of Sports Medicine show that training may prevent injuries occurring during the sports season.
- Improved strength and conditioning helps prevent injuries from repetitive and physical overuse. If injury occurs – the better conditioned athlete will recover more quickly.
- Improvement of sports performance, physical fitness, and mental self-image:
- Perhaps most importantly, a child’s self esteem, self confidence, mental discipline, performance, and coordination can all be expected to improve as a result of strength and conditioning training